Popular Posts

Yorkshire Pudding

The perfect accompaniment to any family Sunday Roast. We love them with Pork, Beef, and Lamb. Great-Grandma Gingerbiscuit (GG) likes hers cold with Jam. They are more versatile than you think, you can serve a whole roast dinner in one as a bowl if you want - Chilli con carne is a firm favourite too.

The main trick with Yorkies is not to open the oven door under any circumstances. Here is the recipe from GG. You can add seasoning or even a bit of chopped chilli or horseradish to make them match your dinner. Its easy to add sausages and create 'Toad in the Hole'.

I cook these in advance and warm them up at the last minute - it saves on oven space and the high temperature required for the Yorkies. Also, they freeze really well. The large glass oven dish works well for me as I hate the mess the oil makes of my bun tins - much easier to clean.
Immediately out of oven, before it rests

Ingredients
200g plain flour
3 eggs
300ml milk
2 tablespoons of olive oil

Method
Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
Pop it all in a bowl and mix until no lumps are present. Cover and chill for 10 minutes or until ready to use.
Pop the olive oil in a large shallow oven dish or split it between a tray of 6 large whole muffin tin, or 12 small whole muffin tin. Put the dish in the oven and allow to get hot.
Pour the oil into your size dish of choice and return to the oven to cook.
The Yorkie will reduce in size as the hot air escapes - the the picture above.

3 comments:

  1. I have never used olive oil making my yorkshires, always use butter. Would be a real different flavor using olive oil I would think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting thought. Next time I make one I'll do one of each and do a taste trial. Must admit no-one has ever mentioned them tasting different to expectations. *Pops off to poll family on Yorkshire pud flavour*. Will let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Highly descriptive post, I liked that a lot. Will there be a part 2?


    Look into my weblog ... attorneys in arizona

    ReplyDelete